A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

brunch american-style

I am part of a group called MOPS - Moms of Preschoolers and we meet every other Tuesday morning. We are divided into small groups who sit together each week (there are about 70 women in the group) and we take it in turns to bring breakfast items in to share.

The categories are breakfast casserole, baked goods, fruit and yogurt. So when it was my turn to make a casserole, I had to ask a friend what they were and for a recipe!

She gave me the recipe for a delicious sausage casserole, which has been a hit in this household every time I have made it for visitors. It's really very easy to make and you can even assemble it the night before and pop it in the oven when everyone is getting hungry / waking up!

After making it for lunch recently, I thought I would share the recipe on here...

Serves 6-8

6 slices of bread
1 lb of breakfast sausage (sausage meat)
1 tsp mustard
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
3 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup of milk
3/4 cup of light cream
Dash of salt and pepper
Dash of nutmeg
1 tsp worcestershire sauce

Place the bread in a well buttered 9x13 in casserole dish to cover the bottom.
Fry the sausage, drain the fat and mix with the mustard.
Sprinkle the sausage over the bread (it should have turned into small pieces whilst frying).
Sprinkle the cheese over the sausage
Combine the eggs, milk, cream and seasonings.
Pour over the casserole.
Bake at 350oF (175oC) for 35 minutes.

And there you have it!
A yummy and easy breakfast to make when you have guests or for a weekend away.


No comments:

Post a Comment