A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

packing headache

Packing. Do you love it or hate it?!

I hate it.

I think it might be from years of packing to go on business trips. In my old job I would often have to go and work in factories across Europe, sometimes for just a few days, sometimes for weeks. I quickly lost my love of airports and hotels. Trust me, a Marriot hotel in Germany looks very much the same as one in Manchester.
I still have a toiletries bag that is always packed and ready to go. It used to make packing quicker, especially as sometimes we only got a couple of days notice to go on a trip.

Or maybe it's because I have to make lots of decisions.

Take the other weekend for example... 2 hours before we were due to leave and I was not packed or even showered!

*Sigh.

I was so excited that we were going away with friends for some fun in the snow and sunshine, but I am great at procrastinating and pottering too.
At making lists and lists but not actually putting anything into a bag.
Finding lots of urgent and important jobs to do that absolutely must be done before I pack.

And the weekend after that the same story. Hardly anything packed but I did manage to do 5 loads of laundry, bake a cake, write 3 blog posts and clear out the kids' playroom the day before we left.

Hmmm the queen of procrastination!

We are going away again tomorrow. This time to England for home leave. The kids are getting pretty good at packing their back packs for the plane. Collecting up toys and books (the smaller the better given we make them carry their own bags!) to amuse them on the 14 hour trip.
Given we are leaving at 9am, you'd think I would have everything sorted but no, I am sat here writing this post and hoping that it will all magically make it's way into our bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment