A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr Seuss!

It's Dr Seuss Day (though most schools celebrated yesterday with cotumes and green eggs for snack time!) and we are celebrating with a pyjama day (not linked, the kids just wanted to stay in their pjs after going to a friend's house early this morning so I could go to run camp!) and watching The Lorax.


We are relatively new to Dr Seuss (shock horror I know!) and the only one the kids have read is The Lorax. Jeremy says he read some of the books at school and I had heard of green eggs and ham but it really isn't what British childhoods are made of. Paddington Bear and Mister Men yes, but not really Dr Seuss. Not like it is here. All Americans (or at least the ones I have met) have read every book, are teaching the stories to their kids and often quote it in everyday life.

I have to say I am looking forward to reading more of the books. They seem to be written in rhyme like the Gruffalo and, although a little strange, they seem quite fun!

If anyone has recommendations on where to start, a favourite book from their childhood, or one that they think is the essential read, please let me know!

And now to snuggle on the sofa with my little man and enjoy the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment