A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Monday, December 10, 2012

the nutcracker

I took my little girl to the ballet this weekend. To watch the Nutcracker. And we loved it!

Her dance school was putting on a performance of the Nutcracker (first time they have attempted it) and our 7 year old friend was a gingerbread person so I decided it would be nice to have a girlie trip out.

It was a bit of a rush to get there (isn't it always a rush to get out of the house?!) but we got dressed up (Charlotte in her new bright pink GAP dress and me in my Macy's bargain purchase from last week) and headed East to Paw Paw High School where they have a performing arts centre.

We managed to get seats near our friends and with just a few minutes to spare, settled down to watch the show. As soon as we got into the theatre Charlotte exclaimed "I've danced on that stage" and indeed she did, in her recital last year. She has been shy about going into dance class recently so I am hoping this will encourage her to say goodbye to me and head into class without a second thought... We'll see.

The show was amazing and so cute to see the little girls dressed as reindeer or gingerbread people. All of the dancers did really well and Charlotte kept clapping and saying "I love this bit" and "They look beautiful!". I wasn't sure if I would enjoy a ballet. I remember being bored as a child but I really enjoyed it and the 90 minutes flew by!

It really got me into the festive spirit and made me a little emotional.

I hope this can be the start of a new tradition with my daughter... To see a show around Christmas time, just the two of us.


That is Charlotte doing her best big smile. 
She used to do crazy toothy grins and is now trying to be more posed! 


Whilst we were at the ballet, Toby and Daddy were going crazy at 'Bounceland' (a play place full of huge inflatable structures to climb up and slide down!)


Fun times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment