A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Monday, December 3, 2012

nuts about food

I have recently just discovered Logan's Roadhouse. A restaurant chain which was founded in Kentucky with headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee (somewhere I really want to visit).

A restaurant with a 'Southern' feel to it.

A little bit 'red-neck'.

A restaurant where, when you walk in there is country music playing over the speakers, vintage decorations on the walls and peanut shells on the floor.

Yep that's right... peanut shells. All over the floor. All day.

So the deal is, you arrive, you get seated at a table and on the table is a complimentary bucket of peanuts. They give you a plate but most people just throw the peanut shells on the floor by the table.
And the staff only clean them up at the end of the day. So as you walk to your table or to the restroom, you crunch your way over the shells.

I honestly could not believe it the first time I went in! I was meeting a couple of ladies for lunch and I just sat staring at the floor! I had to take Jeremy there to see for himself.

Obviously it's not the best place for us to go as we normally avoid nuts due to my nut allergy (though I'm not allergic to peanuts). But it's a fun place to get pretty good American food and definitely an experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment