A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

coffee and crafts

My friend came over for a coffee and crafting morning today. She is very crafty and we love sharing simple craft ideas.... Or at least she enjoys teaching me!!

She brought a wreath she wanted to work on and a t-shirt to embellish for her daughter. More importantly she brought cake (I'm taking a day off the diet) which was delicious! A cup of tea (coffee in her case), pumpkin roll (pumpkin flavoured sponge filled with cream cheese frosting), a pair of scissors and a good old chin-wag! Bliss! Even better as all of the kids were in school!

I decided to make some paper flowers which I am going to use to make a flower wreath for the spare room.

I am following this rolled paper flowers tutorial to make the flowers and am planning to stick them onto a ribbon or material covered wreath form. I actually drew the spiral on the back of the paper as I found that easier than cutting the spiral freehand. It's fun to see them 'pop' into flowers from a rolled up piece of paper! Well fun if you are a bit daft, I'm mean crafty like me!



Aren't they gorgeous?!

No comments:

Post a Comment