A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

precious morning

This morning was an unusually quiet one with both kids still fast asleep after 7am. It was also a school day so I had to get the kids up and ready to leave by 8:30. I went into Charlotte's dark room and picked her up from her bed, waking her from her dreams. I cuddled her as I carried her down the stairs and continued that hug for a good while on a chair in the living room. Her little warm body all curled up in my lap, her head resting on my chest. Heavenly. I wish we could have stayed like that for longer but time was getting on so we got our breakfast and sat down at the table. We hardly said anything, just quietly eating our breakfast,  making eye contact whilst we carefully ate our cereal. Quiet is something that neither Charlotte or I do well. But I did ask her if she had enjoyed her week with me (her Daddy has been working away all week) and she nodded her head. Then said "Mummy I love you". Four precious words, enough to make your heart swell and know that today will be a good day. And so far it has been. She was in such a good mood this morning, laughing along as she helped me get herself dressed, Toby dressed and find coats and shoes so we could leave on time for school.
Life has it's ups and downs, it's good days and bad days but I am sure this morning will be one that I remember for a long time.
Thank you Charlotte, I love you too x

No comments:

Post a Comment