A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Friday, June 1, 2012

that's when good neighbours...

...become good friends!

I love the sense of community spirit here.

I don't know if it is because people move around all over America and can be 12 hours away from family, but in a crisis or hard times, people help each other out.

I have just got back from delivering a meal for 6 to a friend.
Her daughter was taken ill will appendicitis a couple of weeks ago and was in hospital for 10 days. She stayed with her the whole time. Now they are home, our MOPS group decided to help them by organising meals for them. You sign up at a website designed for the purpose (takethemameal.com) and call them the day before to arrange when to drop the meal off.
What a great way to help and so far 4 of us have.
The MOPS steering group also provide meals when a family has welcomed a new baby into the world.

I feel like we have had so much help over the last few months, that I was glad to be able to help someone else.
Let's just hope they like what I cooked! And if not, I am sure they will enjoy the bar of chocolate I threw in for good measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment