A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Friday, August 24, 2012

bye bye baby

My baby boy started day care this week and he is loving it!

He starts preschool in September so I thought I would send him to day care for a few days with his sister to get used to being away from me for the day.

I had nothing to worry about... The first day he cried until the teacher produced a jigsaw and the second day he ran in, waved and said "bye bye Mummy". And that was it. No tears. No clinging to me. Nothing. Just happy to be there and playing with his big sister.

He is only 2 and a half but the Gagie Preschool like to start them at this age and he is obviously ready to make some friends and spend the day playing.

So what do I do now?!

Well the first day I went for a coffee in Starbucks, bought some craft supplies in Hobby Lobby and spent a very quiet hour in Meijer getting the groceries for the week.

By the time I got home at 1pm I was very calm and realised just how much I talk to Toby during the morning - either chatting to him or trying to control him in a shop!

The second day we had doctors appointments in the morning so they didn't get in until 11. I enjoyed a lovely long chat with a friend, making plans for them to visit and even managed to fall asleep in a chair on the decking before heading out to pick them up.

It's really quiet with him here and I do miss him but it is so nice to do things like work on the laptop or phone calls without any interruptions.

So I think we are all going to enjoy the new Autumn schedule of preschool, day care, ballet lessons and a whole day to do with as we please on a Friday!


"Cheese!":


He loves his new lunchbox that he picked out in Target:


All smiles on his first day of day care:


Walking in on the second day:


No comments:

Post a Comment