A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Monday, January 23, 2012

too busy laughing...

Twice today I should have disciplined Toby but couldn't help but laugh instead!

Charlotte had asked if she could dress up as a bride and 'marry me'. So I put her tiara and veil on and she was in the kitchen helping me with dinner when I heard her shout. As I turned all I saw was Toby running out of the kitchen as fast as his little legs would carry him, with Charlotte's veil trailing behind him! He had pinched it off her head, and, knowing he would have to get a head start, was running full pelt away from her! Needless to say, she chased after him and I could just about hear them arguing as I was creased up laughing!! He looks so funny when he runs away like that! I managed a "Toby that is very naughty, give it back" but it didn't sound very convincing.

Less than 10 minutes later, I am just about to serve dinner when I turn around to see Toby stood on his step (he takes that step all over the place so he can reach up for things!) and is biting into an apple that he has found on the counter. He looked so innocent, standing there, munching his way through the apple that I did not have the heart to tell him off. Of course Charlotte realised what was going on and helped herself to one too. I can hardly complain about them eating fruit but it was pretty frustrating that they only ate half their dinner, given how long it had taken me to prepare it!

But I have been left with a gorgeous image of the two of them eating their contraband as if nothing is the matter!


(Note the blue step in the background!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment