A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

when the cat is away, the mice will play....

Jeremy is away again with work, so the kids and I get to play together all week! Or at least that is what I tell myself to keep sane! I hope I am still this positive by Friday!

They are sad and we do miss him but we just fall into our little routine and special treats when Daddy is away....

Like dinner in front of the tv or ice-cream on the way home from school.

It's funny how he has his routine for getting the kids to bed, I have mine and the baby sitter has hers. And the kids know what they can and can't get away with in each scenario!

For example, I said it was bath time and Toby asked if I was joining them. Literally. Over the winter, if I had a bath to warm up after a long run, they would ask to get in with me. So now they associate my bath times with sharing a bath! I couldn't quite face that last night but we did all get into the shower together!

And then bed time and Charlotte said she wanted to sleep with me. I would love to but we just don't sleep well together. But when I told her she could fall asleep in my bed and I would transfer her later, she jumped out of bed and ran down the landing shouting "Yay! This is going to be so exciting!". How funny?! She got into my side of the bed, snuggled down, I turned the lights off and that was the last I heard. Isn't it funny how kids see the pure joy of such a simple treat.

I went in to move her at 11pm and she put her arms and legs around me and nestled into my shoulder as I carried her through to her room.
She might be a big grown up girl (or so she thinks!) but carrying her across the landing, I got a precious moment with my baby girl. All of the tantrums, screaming and recent bad behaviour was forgotten as I enjoyed a warm cuddle with my first born.

No comments:

Post a Comment