A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

a box full of bribes

The Fed Ex guy knocked on the other day with a parcel. I was surprised as I couldn't remember ordering anything. Surprise turned to other emotions like disbelief and gratitude when I opened the box to discover that a wonderful friend in the UK had sent the kids a box full of Dr Seuss books! She read a previous blog post about our lack of knowledge on the subject and having older kids, decided to send us all of their old books. Thank you, I can't tell you how much it meant to us!

The kids were very excited when I opened the box to show them. They love books and were excited to see the cat in his hat on the front of the books.


I am looking forward to using the books as bribes... I mean rewards... over the next few weeks! They have already earned 3 between them and I finally know the story of Green Eggs and Ham!

Which by the way is a dish on the menu at a local restaurant. They added pesto to a ham omelette and it was delicious! Try it, you might like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment