A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Friday, February 14, 2014

a bushel and a peck...

I love you, a bushel and a peck
A bushel and a peck
And a hug around the neck...

We are feeling the love tonight on this fun Valentine's day!

Americans don't do things by half and Valentine's Day is no exception! Charlotte has been making and writing her Valentine's cards for weeks - all 50 of them! She was asked to do one for every friend in both of the Kindergarten classes at school and all of the teachers.

I printed off little banners like "You are awesome!" and "You rock my world!" and she stuck them onto cards with washi tape along with hearts and then wrote the names on the back. It was a little laborious but she enjoyed doing it and she just wrote a few names each night as 50 was a pretty steep order. We also enjoyed a party at a friend's house to get a head start on making the cards. By the end her basement was covered in pink paper, stickers and ribbons... I bet it took ages to clear up! Bless her!  She also had yummy snacks like white chocolate M&Ms, chocolate dipped biscuits, cakes and white chocolate popcorn!


The kids spent all week handing them out which involved filling a brown paper bag with all of the goodies from each child - the bags were fit to burst by today!


She received all sorts of things from a sweet apple treat with a card saying "you are the apple of my eye" to cookies and an awful lot of lollipops! It is so cute to see all of her friends' names written on the cards and she delighted in pouring out the contents of the bag and cooing over her swag!

Earlier this week the whole school put on a show for the parents. They asked half the parents to come one day and the other half the next. On the second day they also managed to set up a live stream on the school website. Imagine my delight when I found out that my Mum and Dad, my brother and his wife and my nieces and nephews were all watching the show at the dinner table in England! I hear people were watching it all over the world! Very cool!
Toby and I were also watching and I was so enthusiastic that Toby asked me to stop clapping so loudly! It was such a good show - the music teacher picked out some great songs with classics like 'L-O-V-E' by Nat King Cole 'Think about a world of peace' and 'When I'm 64' by the Beatles.


The kids also decorated the living room for me as a surprise. It was fun to come home from a meeting  and find pink hearts everywhere!


Charlotte went into school today and had a party whilst Toby and I had a fun date at the Air Zoo.
Happy times!



No comments:

Post a Comment