A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

now that I am 4...

It is Charlotte's 4th birthday today.

A lot has changed over the last year and she has grown up into a gorgeous little lady!

All day she has been saying "Now that I am 4...." or "Because I am 4"

... I can go potty on my own without any help

... Wear Mummy's makeup

.... I can get dressed all by myself

... I can reach that shelf and Toby can't because he is 2

I wish I could remember the other dozen things she has said today but it's been a bit stimulus overload!

So how have we celebrated her birthday this weekend?

Well we went to a pool party on Friday evening - our new neighbours have a pool in their back yard and a few of us piled over there, brought drinks and snacks with us and chipped in for takeaway pizza. It was fab and the kids loved it - we could not get Charlotte away from the diving board or stop Toby jumping in off the side!

Yesterday Jeremy and the kids came to meet me at the end of my run and were happy running round the YMCA grounds whilst I caught my breath. After I recovered (a bath and lunch helped!), we went to Chuckie Cheese's - an amusement arcade where you buy tokens to play games and win tickets which you exchange for prizes. Except you need a lot of tickets! The kids won enough for a packet of sweets and a curly straw each. But they loved all of the arcade games and the tunnels that went across the ceiling!

This morning Toby woke up first and came into our bed for a wriggly snuggle. Charlotte wasn't far behind him and as soon as he saw her he said "Happy Birthday Charlotte". So sweet that he is starting to understand!

We asked Charlotte what she wanted to do and she said stay at home and play. So we did! We have had a crazy summer and so I am not surprised that she was happy to play with her new toys and enjoy a lazy morning.

She was over the moon with her new Princess costumes and lego stables. I was very happy to sit with a coffee and help her build it. Well of course I built it and she spent an hour playing with the horses and taking the heads on and off the riders!

In the afternoon we had some close friends over for dinner and cake. The kids had a lovely time playing with their friends and we enjoyed fresh veggies from our neighbours' garden.
Charlotte's cake was a hit - her face lit up when she saw it. She saw me icing it last night but I refused to decorate it until she went to bed and kept it hidden all day!

And then she opened a few more presents. Each time she has opened new clothes or pjs she has excitedly put them on. She must have changed outfit 6 or 7 times today! Every time she opened a new game she wanted to play with it. She really loved a crazy chefs game. We got the paints out after reading a book of craft ideas. The last thing she did before bed was a sparkly mermaid mosaic and count her growing collection of Disney Princesses!

We have all had a wonderful day and I am very proud to have such a beautiful 4 year old daughter.


This was her reaction when she saw her cake (I think she was pleased): 


Chuckie-cheese-tastic!:


Another of her many outfits worn today:


No comments:

Post a Comment