A blog about me and my adventure as an ex-pat.
Because someone told me to... Thank you Gaby.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

just dance...

June also meant Excel's dance recital. We love being a part of the Excel 'family' and were excited to attend Charlotte's recital again.

This year she had two dances - a group (3 classes performed at the same time) tap dance to 'Hound dog' and then her class did a ballet dance to 'True Colours'.

It was a wonderful evening, and the little kids stole the show. There were plenty of the older kids, including the performance team, dancing beautiful ballet numbers and energetic tap numbers. But it is the little ones, all dressed up in sparkly costumes who make you coo and ahh and yes I admit it, shed a tear!

Charlotte did really well but it was a bit late for her. She was tired and hungry by the time we collected her from the changing area at 8:30pm.
But she really enjoyed performing and did a great job with both of her numbers. None of her class could do the whole routine perfectly and they still have their teacher on stage so all of their eyes are on her. But they get up on a huge stage, walking on in the dark and performing in front of an audience of hundreds! And they do it with a smile on their faces! Kudos girls, I am not sure I could have done it!

Left: 'Houndog'; Right: 'True Colors'

She was excited about wearing make up. On rehearsal day, her friends were telling her all about how they were wearing their Mom's makeup. So I decided to give her a full face of makeup! I couldn't quite believe I was putting blusher and mascara on my little girl... And I was so jealous - she has inherited her Daddy's long black eyelashes!!

On the way and after the show

I want to give a big shout out to all of the teachers and volunteers who make the whole thing happen. Months of preparation and many many helpers on hand to change the girls into their second (or third / fourth!) costumes, fix their hair and walk them to the stage and back as well as look after them for 3 hours! There were 2 days of rehearsals and a number of shows over Friday evening and all day Saturday. It was quite the extravaganza! Thank you ladies!

We loved every minute of it and hopefully will get some great photos and DVD from the official photographer.

Until then - here are a few shots my friend and I managed to get at the rehearsal...



No comments:

Post a Comment